BootsnAll Travel Network



A day of rest

Today is again a Sunday of rest. I did finish the PADI Advanced Open Water eLearning program and printed out the medical form and certificate. At breakfast it was clear that while the Hilton Bora Bora Nui is a honeymoon destination, the Pearl Moorea is a family destination. Probably 60% families, 30% honeymooners and then there is me. I set up to dive tomorrow and Wednesday in the morning, and to take the 3 hour around the island jet-ski tour on Tuesday. I am hoping to see some whales. It is the season for them. Fingers crossed.

After setting that up I made my best decision yet while here. In my package I have a 7500 xpf credit at the Manea Spa. So I stopped in and lo and behold there was an opening at 14:00. It being 13:48 I caught a fast shower and went on back. The Scuba diving has had me with my head held way back for hours on end, and I have developed a stiff ache in the right neck and Trapezius area. Since the cost of a 1/2 hour scalp and back massage is 8500, and I have a credit, I can spring 12 dollars US for a massage! What a great choice.

Calming music, pleasant people, my clothes and all into a locker. With a towel wrapped around me I go to the steam room and just warm up and sky down in the heat. Then a short shower and rewrap, then on to the massage. She was a petite woman but hands of steel. She did check with me about the amount of pressure, and it was perfect. She was deep enough that at first it was somewhat painful, but not so much that I reflexly tensed up, I was able to stay relaxed. She clearly could feel the tight spots, and worked them well and evened out the massage to make me loosen up completely. By the end she was even harder, but it didn’t hurt because the knots had disappeared. After the massage, she brought me a small cup of tea and a washcloth for my face. It was icy cold and had a wonderful vanilla scent. The tea surprised me in that it also was Ice cold. It was some sort of very tasty herbal tea. I am now feeling so much better with my neck and back, I guess a massage in French Polynesia is a pretty good idea.

I think this is a part of why I like this kind of long range travel by myself. I don’t feel the need to plan every minute of every day. It doesn’t matter if a day goes by that I do nothing, If plans work out or not. It is still kind of crazy to think that I am in the middle of the South Pacific Ocean and just taking it one day at a time. It is raining now, but “without rain there would be no rainbows.” Thinking of you, Poe. 




Tags:

Comments are closed.