BootsnAll Travel Network



Day 13: 26th Feb – Istanbul

Task for the day: get Iranian visa.  This involves going to the embassy and waiting it out till we get all the paperwork sorted.  Lana is also in need of a visa, so we decide to meet up in the early morning to have some breakfast and head to the embassy.  French toast for breakfast and off we go!

The heavens have opened up in the morning and continue to cover the city with a grey, wet blanket.  Once at the embassy, we fill out a form, queue for a bit, pay some money into the bank and are then told to come back in 2 hours while everything from their side is sorted.  An excuse for coffee and a good long one to one.  After a nice chat, we head back to the embassy to collect our passports.  The whole process takes a lot less time then I expected and with that, we head back to the hostel and see what the rest of the group are up to.

We find Liam and decide to have a small bite to eat at the hostel.  Liam needs a new camera, so he and I head out into town to try and find a shop that sells.  Little did we know that there are a lot of shops focused on cameras.  Lots.  We shop around and I manage to teach Liam in the art of haggling.  Eventually he find the right one and we then head to explore the city.  First thing we see are ferries, so we decide to hop on one and see where it takes us.

We end up across the river and wander around for a bit.  Within our walking, we find a local food market and a street market.  Walking around brings us the sense that we are in a culturally diverse country.  We head back to the ferry dock in the attempt to try and get back to the hostel.  The walk rejuvinates our travelling ideas and we decide to meet up with the group.  Dinner is not too far, but way more expensive then we all expected.  Tonight is a night we all decide will be dedicated to the art of getting plastered.

We head back to the same place Liam and I went to the night before, as we knew we would be looked after and possibly get some free things.  As predicted, we get a couple of shisha pipes for free as well as a short of god-knows-what.  We then mingle across back to the hostel where the drinking continues.  This trend is followed will the next morning, when we all decide to go to bed.  6am is not a bad time to hit the hay.  Lie in for the morning is inevitable.



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *