BootsnAll Travel Network



this is what happened in may

carnaval 2007 046

i’ve had a lot of adventures lately. roxanne and i were in roatan to meet up with her brother for a week. roatan’s nice. i’m an advanced diver now. certified. 30 meters pal. did you drop your glasses in 30m of water? need somebody to get that for you? i’m certified. i’ll get you those glasses!

then we spent a few days in la ceiba, which is the coolest town in honduras. then a few days of hiking and whitewater rafting in a cool little place in the jungle close by honduras.

when we came back, la ceiba was having a festival! a no-bullshit big-time festival! we found jonathan and warren on the street, and since the last time we’d seen them in el salvador they’d picked up three more guys. this was a perfect excuse to celebrate the last two days of the festival.

just like mary and joseph, we couldn’t find any hotel rooms. there weren’t any stables though so we checked into a crummy whorehouse.

i played a beebee gun game and was frighteningly accurate. after we went to bed somebody shot a gun on the street. he wasn’t as good a shot as me because when we looked out the window nobody was hurt.

phil 154

warren ate a lot of chicken.

the next day was the big parade. we were walking through the street when two girls ran up to me and asked me if i’d like to be in the parade. i was bashful. i said “aw shucks.” they said come on do it. i said here my friend will do it. they were worried he would be ugly. i shouted to warren and he said hell yeah i’ll be in the parade! they said, hmm, take your shirt off and we’ll see. he took his shirt off and they said ok.

they asked us all to come to the carrion department store and they would give warren a pair of glittery pants and the rest of us would get beads and free tshirts.

phil 158 

this is warren being excited and jonathan interviewing him 

THEN i started to feel stupid because i coulda been in the parade but i was too bashful. i mean, that’s really stupid right? but the story has a happy ending. when we got to the carrion store warren went into a back room and then came back out and said, “phil, you got the call buddy.” they still wanted me in it! turns out they needed two people.

the parade was amazing and they had lots of free booze for us and kept giving us beads to throw to people. there was a glitter cannon on the float. the girls on the float were models. the guys we jackasses they pulled off the street.

phil 163

and that’s how we ended up in silver glitter pants.



Tags:

3 Responses to “this is what happened in may”

  1. kisstine Says:

    i was wondering how that happened…

  2. Natalie Says:

    did you get to keep the pants?

  3. admin Says:

    i got to keep the pants. they’re in my parents house now waiting for my ass to come home and make them useful again!

  4. Posted from Panama Panama

Leave a Reply