BootsnAll Travel Network



Spring Break

We are going to London and Ireland over our Spring Break. It is Vincent’s mom’s 90th birthday and the whole Dixon clan is getting together which should be lots of fun. We are starting off in London to stay with my sister-in-law and visit my sister then fly to Ireland. After the big birthday bash we will do a drive around the Ring of Kerry so we are in for a full two weeks. Hopefully we can use it as an excuse to iron out any kinks before the big trip. I’ve told them (the kids) they will have to do math and journaling everyday. We will see how painful it is! Sadly Ming does not have her break then so will have to stay in NYC with her dad and keep going to school. But it is her time to hear back from colleges anyway so she probably would be too distracted to enjoy anything anyway.

Our last break was Presidents Day which we spent clearing out and packing up our weekend house and it is now spick and spam, ready for the market. I got into such a roll, I started clearing out closets and shelves here in the city as well and learned two immutable rules. 1) your children will have no interest in toys they have not played with in years until you try and get them out the door and 2) even if you pack up two van loads of stuff and cart them off, you will not be able to see on whit of difference.

OK, I exaggerate. The place is a bit clearer and actually the kids have been very good. The girls are very enthusiastic about the trip and even David Evan is sloooowly beginning to believe me that we will be seeing a lot more monkeys than monuments or museums (although I have heard there is a very good exhibit on different tribes in Sarawak, shhhh!).



Tags: , , , ,

Leave a Reply