BootsnAll Travel Network



The West Edmonton Mall

Having said goodbye to Kelly having indulged in Tim Hortons i headed back to the hostel to check in and go on the internet.  Two days with no internet access and i was having withdrawal symptoms having not been on Facebook – yes i know thats really quite sad but hey i dont care.

Having feed the symptoms i checked in and collapsed on a bed which felt like the greatest in the world.  I slept catching up on two days worth and then had a shower.  Now that may seem like a trivial and boring thing but when you are stuck on a train for that long – a shower and a bed are the most awesome things in the world.

That night i headed out in search of something to eat and wandered around what is just the craziest city i have ever seen.  There isnt a whole lot to see and do here but there is one thing i must do and thats go shopping!

Caught a bus to the West Edmonton Mall which really has to be seen to be believed.  With over 300 shops there is also a Hotel, ice rink, waterpark, cinema and a mini Bourbon Street and Chinatown.  Man seriously you could get lost in here.  Armed with a map and my trusty shoes i went walking and shopping.  This place is seriously so North American indulgence.  Everything you could possibly need is contained in these walls well maybe not your sanity but hey who needs that.  After something like 6 hours in there i had to escape back to normality and headed back to the hostel happy in the knowledge that i had escaped with my sanity.

Off to Calgary tomorrow to meet up with a fellow Bootie and see a small town – will keep ya posted.



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *