BootsnAll Travel Network



What a year!!

Of course another year rolls by in a wink. Time is fleeting. I cannot recall some years but I know this past year will stay etched in my memory for a very very long time. When am old and sitting on my beach front bungalow in Goa, I will remember 2004 as the one of the best years of my life.

So much happened this year and not much that unusual if you think about it. I grew up. Like many others searching their hearts and souls this year, I found answers to few of the questions I have been pondering for a while. Eureka! Was not what I exclaimed but I did have a moment or two when I felt I was a genius. I was I made the best decision of my life so far, to pack a bag and leave town. Easier said than done but now I can say I did it too!

Well, lesson number one. Time flies, so do what you want to do today instead of tomorrow. Live a little. I should, you should and we all should take a moment and see our lives as they pan out in this vast universe. A speck of sand in the hour glass of life.


The year started out with lot of soul searching and looking back. I think all that happened since 2001 came crashing down on me. I guess this is what you would call Post stress syndrome. Everything came in waves and all of sudden. The choices I made concerning my career, my hesitation to move on, questions about returning home all seem to have haunted me at the same time in the early months of 2004. The decision came to one day while I was trying to prevent a serious confrontation between my boss and my business clients. I decided its time to answer all those questions that I can and I should start on the quest. Within weeks I had my “stuff” in storage and a ticket to India via Bangkok. I decided I would spend half my time backpacking and the other with my folks in India.

Never have I made such a brilliant decision in my life. I’m amazed that I could finally make such a decision. Wow, you go girl. Did I tell you I’m very proud of what I did? I broke some age old cultural barriers. I traveled alone, but never was I alone. Lonely few times but jolly the rest.

Jolly good. I want to say so much but right now, words escape me. I definitely still have those moments, I have started to bite my nails again (yikes), I get to a point where I could use a good cry but I also know these feelings will not last. Temporary. Everything changes and time will bring the good and the bad. Bring it on baby! Am ready for whatever is going to be dished to me. Reddy is ready!

P.S wondering whether I should continue this blog. Humm have to think…



Tags:

Comments are closed.