BootsnAll Travel Network



The Spinal Column of The Planet?

(With apologies for the rather loopy philosophy here, I want to include this post that I wrote a few days ago in Cuenca, Ecuador, in an internet full of auto exhaust.  I run two blogs… heyboomers.com is the other…..and I´m lazy so I share the writing.  I didn´t do justice to this theme, but it shall be a recurring one and so I shall try to keep both blogs apprised of all developments, so here´s the first little chunk.  Note:  I´m catching this blogsite up, so there might be a few new posts all at the same time.  Check backwards to catch up.  Sorry.  I´m on the road and life isn´t always easy out here.)

 If you will look at any geographical map of South America, perhaps you will see the remarkable similarity of the Andes Mountain Chain to the profile of a human spinal cord.  Naturally, it won`t show on a political map outlining the various countries, but it becomes very obvious on a map showing only the shape and elevation of the land masses.

Before I left home, I decided to see what I could do with this amazing coincidence as I traveled down the high mountain chain of this very large continent.  I obtained a chiropractic diagram of the spinal cord outlining all of the nerves as they pass through each vertebrae to the organs which they serve, and then I arbitrarily divided the Andean Cordillera into twenty-seven vertebral chunks and marked up my large map so that I could tell where I was at any time.  My hope was to pick the brains of the people I meet down here to get their input on this amazing coincidence.

1.  The Amazonian Rainforest is generally spoken of as The Lungs of the Planet because of the oxygen exchange performed by so many trees.  This is true of any rainforest, but particularly this enormous one.  Check your map and you will see that it fills the “chest/breast” of South America, which lies just opposite nerve on my map`s backbone serving the lungs.

2.  Cuzco was founded because the Incan Emperor was seeking the “Navel of The World” (bellybutton) and when he located it, he built the city of Cuzco.  It`s a little high-waisted but fits the general area of the abdomen.

3.  The large body of water, Lake Titicaca, is in the region served by the nerves to the kidneys and bladder.

4.  The tip end of the continent, near Puentas Arenas and Terra del Fuego, forms a perfect sacrum and coccyx that mirrors exactly the profile of an actual spine.

I´ve had some good conversations with locals along the way.  No one seems to have thought of this similarity before…not even in a Google of the subject.  And right now, I´m sitting in the T-3 vertebrae where the nerves affecting the lungs and bronchial areas, and I´m dealing the a chest cold and cough…probably started when I climbed that cold mountain a week or two ago. 

Time to stop and leave this internet which opens right onto the street.  It is too full of auto exhaust, which one must get used to very quickly in these cities with narrow lanes and high building walls.  All those gases get breathed in by each one of us poor humans trying to exist without enough rainforest to process all these toxins.  

Tags: , , ,



Leave a Reply