BootsnAll Travel Network



Stella`s Definitely Got Her Groove Back

(I`m catching up on repeating my blogs on this site, so several are going on at once.  Read down the list to get current.) 

Well, that was the title I thought up for this new post about an hour-and-a-half ago when I first entered this noisy internet place.  The cars and trucks and motorcycles go by with a roar and a heavy tooting, but at least, their exhaust doesn´t affect me so badly as the place in Cuenca, because they have good fans and I´m sitting in a little protected carel which helps a lot.  But, doing all the necessary email-checking and double blog site administration can be a wearying task and now that it´s time to be creative, I´m all worn out with the effort and the environmental noise.  Must begin to blog first and do the other stuff last…but news from home is still the most important agenda.

I stayed over an extra day in Piura, Peru, so I´ve had a full night´s sleep and lots of good healthy food and all is well with the world.  Man, with a nice little map of this town, I got all over the place today, buying stuff I needed, like some cooler cotton shirts for this 84 degree heat, cosmetics, toothpaste, English-language magazines!!! (big triumph); lunch at a health food restaurant; and information on tomorrow´s next bus trip.

Egad!  To fly from here to Lima is $150, so forget that!  Besides, there´s such a thing as a bus cama, which is a bed bus- tremendously, impressively modern, with kid glove leather seats that either recline halfway (semi cama), for $30, or that recline almost all the way (sofa cama) for $36.  Now, that´s the one that gets me all the way to Lima from here, a 14-hour journey, which leaves at 6:30 p.m. so one sleeps through the night, and voila! you get there around noon the next day!

I must go back to the hotel and study up on this situation, but I´m thinking that I´ll break the journey into two chunks and travel to Trujillo in either a semi-recliner ($8) or a sleeper ($12)  (but it´s daytime and I want to see out, so semi is good.)  Seems like they practically clean your teeth for you.  AC, bathroom aboad.  All buses have bathrooms, but I don´t even peek in the door at them.  This fancy deal, I might trust.  (I didn´t mean to italicize this but God wants me to, as I can´t make it go away, and I do know how. Woops!  Fumes are getting to me after all.)

You should see these buses!  They are top of the line, creme de la creme, and that´s why I think I´ll wangle a way to do them twice and break up the trip.  After enjoying Trujillo for awhile, I can bus on to Lima for 8 hours on one of these babies for approx. $20 (semi), $26 for sofa, and $36 for the super cama where they clean your teeth for you????  Serve you supper????  Chew it for you????  For anyone wanting to know the bus company, it´s ITTSA.

Now, how´s that for bagging a great adventure all in one day?  I came home from that fancy bus station just swingin´.  The groove is back!  I´m on top of my game.  Peru is the place!  This didn´t happen in those upper countries I´ve just been in.  Don´t know why.  But, I like this feeling….so, Peru is GREAT!

Tags: , , , ,



Leave a Reply