BootsnAll Travel Network



Read The bestseller book, The Shack, by Wm. Paul Young

Okay, this is one of those crowded-together posts and you will need to check previous ones to make sure you are up on the whole story.  And, believe me, this IS an ongoing story which I hope that I can capture down in the next few days before another chapter begins.  I slept a bit this afternoon, read a lot, and realized that I need to insert this new ingredient into my InterGalactic Friends story.  Still tired from mountain climbing yesterday and don`t want to be out after dark tonight…….because yes, my bag got snatched on the way home from the climb last night…..but all the sneak thief got was my ski hat, gloves, and three pairs of dirty socks.  Taught me a lesson, though, and if I can leave off the heavy philosophy long enough (which is where the reality really is) I´ll describe that “rawther funny” incident.

Update:  I will leave in the morning for Puerto Quito and a Cloudforest Resort in the jungles closer to the Ecuadorian Coast.   So, I need to get this Quito wonderment well documented because I`ll bet and I sure hope that new fun is just around the corner.

Okay, now why am I recommending that you read a book, right out of the blue, in the middle of this discussion of InterGalactic Friendship?  I´m not exactly sure myself, except that the coincidences are getting pretty spooky and I want this to be a complete reporting of the facts, man, “Nothing but the facts.”  One of the beauties of the hosteling life is that there is often a bookshelf open for exchange, so that you can contribute your newly-finished novel for one you haven´t yet read.  I always read more on the road than I do at home, especially during long bus rides or lone meals.

When I checked into the less-than-perfect first Quito hostel, I saw this book, The Shack, sitting on their trade shelf.  I snapped it right up since I luckily had some tradin´stock.  I´d heard of this title the night I spoke for the Clearwater Book Club.  It was to be their next study and someone was raving about it, saying it had sold over three-million copies and she could see why.  It´s about God, but different.

Oh yeah!  That´s right down my alley and I made a mental note to acquire it, though I hadn´t.  Well, now I´m about midway through the book and I think I see some cronky connection to what I´m trying to get across here in my description of InterGalactic Friends.  In subjects like this, and actually I have learned the hard way, in any discussion of my admittedly off-beat look at God and Cosmic Subjects, it´s really hard to talk about all this sort of thing….as the author mentions in his introduction.  Only, guess what?  If I´m with them long enough, I have found it very easy to discuss these subjects with my IGFs.  Didn´t happen this time, only because our time was absorbed in heavy-hauling athletic endeavors.  And now, they´ve flown away.

So, I shall labor on in my whole description with the hope that your exposure to this book might provide you with a glimpse of a new viewpoint that might possibly be stretchy enough to admit some of this new stuff I might try to throw out from time to time.  Believe me, I have a lot to say on a whole lot of subjects, but usually don´t for lack of understanding hearts.  I think that this was true of this author, Wm. Paul Young,  as well, but he has surely hit a nerve, though some story I read told of his long and fruitless attempts to get the book published; finally forcing him to solve things by self-publishing.  (He´s happy about that now, for sure.)  Seems he was simply too far-out for everybody…even the Christian publishing houses.  And this is a Christian-based book, which I usually don´t enjoy.   But, like I say, I´m only halfway through and I don´t know what will show up later.

The thing is, you´ll have to look at this through the corner of your eye to pick up any connection to my whole InterGalactic idea as it´s not (so far) terribly obvious.  It has to do with the “Warmth Factor,” which is also not a term in the book, but which I feel between myself and these individuals.  I´d better stop trying to quantify this.  Even if you don´t find any connection, you should enjoy reading the book.  So, get it. 

Okay, I´m closing this post to keep the subjects separate, but will write another immediately describing the past few days. 

Tags: , , , ,



Leave a Reply