BootsnAll Travel Network



O YE OF LITTLE FINANCE!

Hurry on down here to Peru!  Particularly, Lima, from what I´ve seen of it so far, which is only a smidge of Miraflores (Look at the Flowers?).  Everything seems to be so very affordable and this is a very modern and swanky city.  Oh, I saw its edges last night coming in on the bus, and they are not the least bit swanky, but if you´re looking for a way to live well on very little doh-re-mi, then it seems to be entirely possible here.

My glorious bus-cama (bed-bus) ride from Trujillo, Peru, to Lima cost me $20 (Senior Discount)…it´s $26 regular price…for an eight-and-a-half hour ride in sheer comfort, which included three gentle movies, such as Evan Almighty, and plenty of food and soft drink served by an attractive stewardess.  The three-course meal was similar to, but better than, airline food.  Also, we were given two snacks towards evening.  Apparently, many bus companies offer this class of bus so I hope to ride them often.

I had reserved the Home Peru Hostel on the internet, so I taxied right there after dark and discovered myself in a fine colonial mansion turned hostel for $8 per night.  That´s in a mixed 8-bed dormitory with shared bathroom, to be sure, but there´s only one other person in there at the moment.  I decided to take myself out of seclusion and all the private rooms I´ve been luxuriating in since my cold, two weeks ago.  Gonna get a little more social to weather the coming Carnival, which apparently, isn´t too crazy in Lima.  Sunday will be the big day.

Now, I have discovered (thanks to the gang at the breakfast table this morning) a multi-plex cinema with movies that still have the English attached, so I am going to my first one right now for a Sr. discount cost of a little over $2.  How´s that?  First run movies too, and I am so starved for such.  It´s hard work trying to understand the ones on the bus which are dubbed and subtitled, but with no English evident, though they are American films, albeit mostly violent ones I don´t want to understand anyway.

During my fun days in Lima, I´ll be trying to discover the sort of a bargain that one can find here.  Oh, the supermarket has more yummy-looking food and very cheap, but high and healthy quality. Plus, I may go interview the upscale hotels and ask them baldfacedly just how much of a bargain they are willing to give an American tourist in this abyssmal age for attracting anyone at yesterday´s prices.

Okay!  I´m off to my two-dollah show!   

Tags: , , ,



Leave a Reply