BootsnAll Travel Network



No Need For Any Florida Envy This Winter

Just thought I’d save all you snow-shovelers throughout this country, the trouble of wishing that you were basking on one of Florida’s warm beaches! Not this winter! We are c-c-c-cold down here in the Sunshine State. Oh, it’s beautifully sunny today, but we have a biting wind and the temperatures are in the low forties. Just this minute, in the late afternoon, it’s 42 degrees, but feels like 34, because of our 22 mph. winds.

To go to the grocery store, I bundled up in long johns, wool pants, three sweaters, Ugg boots, and my Antarctic fleece jacket, plus scarf and alpaca gloves. The carts wouldn’t stay in their parking places, but were getting blown back out to sit in the way of the cars. The usually freezing, air-conditioned store felt warm for a change.

It’s been cold a lot this winter, but this streak is long and bitter. Nothing to compare with most of you guys in the rest of the country, but plenty to sneeze at, in our book. However, I was sleeveless for Christmas Dinner, and for New Year’s Eve, I sat poolside, on a friend’s patio way into the evening. But, anyone hopping a plane to flee the freezer this week, won’t get their money’s worth at our beaches. Bring your Arctic wear, not your sunscreen. I should know. I live on the mainland, just fifteen minutes away from one of the most beautiful Gulf beaches in Central Florida. Those waves must be plenty high today. Nobody’s swimming. Nobody’s boating. Nobody’s being much of a tourist outdoors. But, the lines are probably short at Disney World.

Tell you what! If we do get balmy again, I’ll be sure to let you know, so you can Go Green again. But, for now, save the envy effort and go shovel your driveway!

Tags: , ,



Leave a Reply