BootsnAll Travel Network



“Juan Valdez” Gives Up The Ghost!

Here`s the final situation on the ghost who used to reside in the Casa Kiwi in Medellin, Colombia.  At least, it was final on my last day there…yesterday.  He`s gone!  No more noises from the walls or frightened maids scared away as they are cleaning certain bathrooms.  No more evidence of any phantasms on the property.

Except, that my friend, Luis, knows that now, “Juan” sort of accompanies him about, as if in the capacity of a guardian angel.  Perhaps that was his mission all along, because the name that this ghost provided to me when I spoke to him in think-talk, was that he was Juan Valdez, the famous coffee-brand symbol.  Well,  I thought that was sort of foolish, but I mentioned it to Luis and it turned out to have special meaning to him.  Not only does he hang out at the Juan Valdez Cafe, but he would like to bring the coffee franchise to his home country of Mexico.  So, he gravitated to that symbol very quickly.  Felt it must be a personal clue for him from this ghostly being who was known to prefer one particular dorm room and its bathroom shower.
Even providing this unseen presence with a name gave it a measure of approachable humanity which had been missing before and everyone relaxed about the idea of something monstrous.  “Oh, it`s only poor Juan, stuck in these walls and longing to go home.”  It brings out sympathy instead of fear.  But, he`s suddenly no longer pestering or sounding upset, so we all hope that the problem is permanently solved.

Good thing too, because yesterday, a major renovation was begun at that hostel which has workmen tearing up floors and digging holes in the foundation and ripping out walls.  It`s going to be quite disturbed for a few months as improvements go in.  If the late night talking, singing and coming and going in his old house had Juan upset, just imagine what this would have done to him!  We all did a collective wiping of the brow in relief at the timing of all this.

More soon.

Tags: , , ,



Leave a Reply