BootsnAll Travel Network



Final Impressions on The Bestselling Book, The Shack by Wm. Paul Young – Excellent!

Second Post of the day.  Check down the line for others you might not have read.

A few posts ago, I was dead center in reading the bestselling book, The Shack by Wm. Paul Young, and I recommended that you read it without knowing exactly how it was going to come out….and whether I´d feel the same after I finished.  Well, here´s the rest of the review:

The Shack!  What a good book!  I literally couldn´t put it down and being here in this resort in Puerto Quito, Ecuador, afforded a great spot for lots of reading.  I love books that make me cry and this one delivered on that score.  It´s a real good read and highly-confirming for the likes of me, who has been talking to, and taking dictation from, both The Holy Spirit and from God, Himself, (though I prefer to refer to “Him” as The Great Creative Force) for almost fifteen years now. 

There, I said it!  Prior to reading this book…and yes, Conversations With God…I haven´t found much written in a popular vein encouraging this kind of daring give and take.  There haven´t been too many books that make a direct and interactive relationship with the Highest Heavenly Sources anything but reason to be thrown into the Hoosegow Hospital, and I, for one, don´t wish to make my private joy a reason to get into a wrestling match with a strait jacket.  So, I have held my tongue, but filled several thousand pages with what has passed between Us.

Perhaps now, inspired by this beautiful sharing in the pages of The Shack, I can let a litle of what I´ve experienced and what I´ve learned in the process, slip out into my blog and into the pages of the book I´m now writing, and perhaps, someday, a sharing of a few of those thousands of other pages themselves.

I didn´t undergo the sort of trauma described in this book, nor did I experience the wonderful weekend that this central character was given, but my initiation did, indeed, turn my world upside down and nothing was ever the same for me again.  I rearranged my life to fit the new me and left off religious practices that had, previously, formed my whole identity.  Each person´s private transformation is unique and individual, as it should be, and it always seemed to me to be far too great a risk to put so precious an experience up for scrutiny in the marketplace.  Better to cherish it all to myself was my rationalization based upon the results of my earliest, toe-in-the-water, confidentialities.

Now however, I would selfishly like to live in a world which has absorbed the Truths expressed in The Shack because I know that such a world would be somewhat inclined to be a little more kindly disposed towards folks like me.  This book tells The Truth, and Nothing But The Truth.  I highly recommend it.

Tags: , , ,



Leave a Reply