BootsnAll Travel Network



The 1st step is to admit you have an addiction.

Still in Melbourne. Well actually stayed in St Kilda which is just out from the City centre and is situated on a very picturesque point of the Bay. Lots of grand houses and shops but is slightly tatty round the edges and not just in terms of its architecture and how it looks, but also in terms of its culture, people and nightlife. Its slightly left of centre, artsy, with a burgeoning cafe and music scene. Have spent alot of time in a place called the Esplanade (Espy to the locals). Excellent live music venue which showcases alot of Melbourne talent.

Other than that i also had another fix of my Neighbours addiction. This time we all decided to go on the Neighbours ‘Meet the Stars’ night. Crowd went wild when Katya, Boyd and Toadie came on stage. Got to meet them all, have pictures taken with them and test our knowlegde of the show with a quiz. Definitely the best night of many punters’ lives. Friend of mine discovered its best not to grope the stars, it gets you chucked out. Well done Esther. Good work.

Now i’m waiting around for my train to Sydney. Eleven hours. Decided to get the overnight one to save money on accomodation (handy travelling trick). Opera, bridges and surfing here i come.     

luna2m.jpg 

Pic of the entrance to Luna Park, the theme park round the corner from our hostel which we stupidly decided to go to after Neighbours night (which involved three or four shandy’s if i recall correctly). Pics of Melbourne to come soon.



Tags: , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *