BootsnAll Travel Network



Ko Phi Phi…

….one of my favourite places in the world. I already described it in a previous post so i won’t go into detail.

We left Phuket via boat and lay on the front listening to music, catching some rays and chatting to other travellers. It was great to set eyes on Phi Phi’s melting limestone cliffs, arcs of white sand and clear turquoise water. Again. I was anticipating a welcome back party, ticker tape parade along the strip of shops and restaurants and a healthy turnout of beaming Thai people waving at me and caling my name. Nothing – except some Thai people waving at me, but they were touts. Seems no one had heard I was returning.

Found a room in the Andaman which was up the far end of the beach. Not a patch on the last hotel but that’s to be expected on a gap year. It had a pool though which was put to good use, in particular being the venue for a new game Sam and I invented called Heads.

Rules of Heads:

1) Two players – each must have head.
2) One player at either end of the pool.
3) One ball – preferably hard and makes a nice thwacking sound upon contact with skin.
4) Each takes a turn to throw ball – aim at the persons face.
5) Receiver is not allowed to move.
6) Continue until face is read and nurofen a necessity.

Most of our days were spent on the gorgeous beach, around the pool and eating in seafood restaurants with fantastic views of the sea and limestone karsts. Most of our nights were productively spent in Apache Bar. An awesome venue; great music, great crowd and always packed.

But little did we know that trouble was just over the hill. Literally.

for the rest of this post please go here.



Tags: , , ,

4 responses to “Ko Phi Phi…”

  1. Josephine says:

    You’re story about the Poo Hill Massacre mad me laugh so much I spat tea over my keyboard! Thats the 3rd keyboard I have ruined in as many months!nrnr

  2. admin says:

    Good to have you back Josephine. Posting from China now eh? Your job certainly takes you far afield.

    Regarding the story – i’m glad it has given you a laugh, for me it has brought shame and repetitive nightmares.

  3. Josephine says:

    I get around Mr Legon, i really do. But then we all knew that didn’t we!!

    I think your news of an extension to your travels is fantastic – for you! – Make the most of your time because the “real world” isn’t all that they make it out to be!!!

    I have a new pet peeve. Obese children and adults who think that obesity is some kind of incurable disease/condition. JUST STOP EATING YOU AND DO SOME EXERCISE!! WHy do we have to have our taxes spent on giving them Dancing lessons and Gastric Balloon surgery??!! Fatties! SOrry but thats been bugging me all week.

  4. Si says:

    I agree, working for the past week exclusivley in Chatham High Street not only am i exposed to the half wits whose only method of communication is a grunt and a one fingered salute and thier idea of a job is making further inbred children.. but to be exposed to a fat man wearing a shirt, that was clearly lifited from the childrens section in Debenhams, showing his massive gut hanging over his tracksuit bottoms moving side to side on its own….disgusting. And so you know on speaking to him he is claiming disability payments for his excessive weight!!!! and where did i see this gentlemen…? no no not the Hospital or the job centre…….but Burger King!!!!!!

    Drew good to see that your enjoying yourself matey.

    Love ya.

    Si

  5. admin says:

    Cheers jo – am so glad i got the position. Is going to be good for my career – the only trouble is Dehli in the summer. Oppressive apparently.

    As for your pet peeve, we need more slapped arse-faced Gillian McKeiths. Bless her.

  6. admin says:

    Chatham High Street? No, i won’t believe it.

    What a delightful image though – more people should wear children’s clothing, they’re cheaper so you can buy more and have a varied wardrobe!

    Thanks Si, am still loving travelling. More tales to come now i am finally able to write about Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *