BootsnAll Travel Network



Dribbling on the sleeper train from Thailand to Laos

After spending far longer in Thailand than originally planned, though not at all frustrated by this (flexibility is the key to travel), i was moving onto country four of my journey.

It took Ruth and I 600km and 13 hours to reach Nong Khai, the border town in Thailand. It was a journey far more enjoyable thanks to our form of transport; this was my first experience of sleeper trains and i was pleasantly surprised. Though soft sleeper involves a private cabin, hard sleeper is quite satisfactory and we were shown to our bunks which were lined either side of the carriage.

The decor was straight from a sixties public sector catalogue. Leather seats, medical ward strip lighting and a colour pallette revolving around dark browns and lurid greens. But the carriage was comfortable with adequately sized beds, clean sheets and even a partition curtain to save fellow passengers the objectionable sight of my gaping, dribbling mouth which usually makes an unwelcome appearance on public transport.

To see the rest of this post please click here.



Tags: , , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *