BootsnAll Travel Network



Boring Brisbane?

I’m so far behind on my blog. I must apologise to all my fans (!) who were eagerly awaiting my new posts. So here goes….

Just a quick note about Surfers before i get onto the next stage of my post. The one thing i did do there apart from sunbathe and party was ascend the highest residential towers in the world (and one of the top 20 highest towers on earth) via one of the fastest elevators in the world. It’s called Q1. From the observation area one can see all the way down to Byron, and all the way up to Brisbane. From that height Surfers actually looked quite nice. It totally dominates the skyline and so one can see everything from above. The views out to sea are spectacular.

214px-Q1_Gold_Coast.jpg

Anyway, after leaving Surfers myself, Paul (Scotland), Mirthe (Germany) and Becky No.2 (UK) arrived at Brisbane and another Australian state; this time Queensland. The others only stayed on night before heading to Noosa so i was left to explore this city by myself before meeting other backpackers later on in the week.

‘Brisvegas’ is the 3rd largest city in Australia but is a large step down from Melbourne and Sydney. It’s quite provincial and not very substantial in any sphere (art, culture, cuisine, music, etc.) as far as i could tell. In saying this Brisbane is not devoid of these attributes, merely it fails to excel at them in ways that more international Australian cities do.

For the rest of this post please visit – Boring Brisbane?



Tags: , , ,

4 responses to “Boring Brisbane?”

  1. Awww Brisbane aint all that bad!

  2. little me says:

    Australia is a beautiful country but boring as anything.. maybe a little life can be found in Melbourne and Sydney… nightlife ZERO, unless you are an alcoholic, then there are plenty of pubs and nightclubs. Restaurant kitchens close between 7-9pm, shops close at 5, except once a week where they close at 9. BRISBANE is absolute crap and can’t wait to leave here! The government pays idiots to stay home and do nothing, gives baby bonuses and now 12 year olds are popping kids everywhere. Hoons everywhere you look… so may vulgar people walking aroud shops and banks without shoes and talking int their “bloody ripper of a language mate”!
    Amazing, can’t wait to go back to Europe, Italy, where the earliest a shop closes is 10pm!!! and restaurants OPEN at 9pm!

  3. admin says:

    Thanks for your commments ‘little me’. I know people who would agree and lots who would not. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Personally i found Australia not half as boring as you describe. Clubs are bars were pretty good, not the best i’ve been to. Restaurants which closed later than 9pm quite easy to find and shops that stayed open late.

    Unsure of the idiots who are paid to stay at home. I didn’t do any research on that as i hung out mainly with backpackers.

    Where did you visit?

  4. Karl says:

    “BRISBANE IS A HOLE” a very boring and uncultered place its not really a city either,hoons and road rage like nothing else i have ever seen,avoid all confrontations.
    As mentioned before Brisbane people are very foul-mouthed and vulgar,in public you will here the word’s “F*CK and the word CU*T” everywhere you go and all day,in banks,shopping centre’s,everywhere.
    The local government spend tax payers Millions and will tell you Brisbane is one of the best Cities in the world,but it’s absolute crap,Brisbane is awful,simply avoid this place.
    Australia has alot to offer,Sydney is a first class city wonderful place,Melbourne is i think a okay place,and Perth is great fun.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *