BootsnAll Travel Network



Sawatdee Pi Mai (happy new year!!)

Christmas Day- I awake early from sleeping (if you can call it that- trying to sleep with 300 screaming highschool students and soccer matches going on until 3 in the morning) on the floor with 30 students to my left and right…oh and not to mention there was no running water for 2 days.  merry christmas to me:)  I was at the 9th annual Kanchana Games in Nakohn Pathon (basically the olympics of the 9 Kanchanapisek high schools all over Thailand….ours obviously being one of them). It was five endless days of soccer, tarkrow, badmitton, baton, singing contests…and the list goes on.  The students ended up with a silver and bronze.  By the end we were all very exhausted. 

The holiday did not go unnoticed however…Christmas Eve was spent with my director and a few other teachers on a dinner cruise around Bangkok.  The hotel Christmas lights lit up the Chow Praya river…Bangkok was actually enjoyable and peaceful looking from the outside in.  A few days before the 6/1 and 6/2 students put on an english Christmas play and exhibition complete with christmas trees (bamboo), thai jingle bells, cinderella and santa clause.  I even attempted teaching them the true christmas story…with suprisingly much success.    I did get many “merry christmas teacher” all day and little flowers and candies…from all the students at the kanchana games….even the students from different schools.  i guess my white skin screamed I’m christian in their eyes…but bless their hearts…it made my day.  It has been a very interesting and unforgetable Christmas to say the least.

 Im headed to the islands tomorrow for New Years and the infamous full moon party.  More details to come…

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and holiday…know that your all in my heart.  xo<3



Tags:

3 responses to “Sawatdee Pi Mai (happy new year!!)”

  1. Aunt Cristina says:

    Hi Kim,

    Hope you have fun in the islands and Happy New Year!! Uncle Mark and I are heading to Hawaii to watch William play next week… Bless his heart, he keeps us traveling!!! Andrew is back in Cali for New Year’s and, supposedly, to study for qualifiers. He and Pam are also going to the Rose Bowl in Pasadena since Penn State is playing. Amy is off to visit Kenny for a couple of days; she may be back for New Year’s. Lots of love your way,

    Aunt Cristina and Uncle Mark

  2. grandma says:

    what a memorable Christmas! Much more exciting than ours which was, however, most enjoyable in spite of the missing Kimmy! I hope the trip to the Beaches for New Years was as memorable–we watched a movie and went to bed!!! If you havn’t already heard the news–Andrew and Pam are engaged!!!That Rose Bowl Parade must have been truly romantic. I am so happy for them. Much love from Grandma

  3. Uncle Pete says:

    Everyone has mentioned your latest blogs and new pictures, so I’m finally sitting down to read them and say howdy,Merry Christmas, and of course-Happy New Year!! I’ve had a nice extended visit to 70th street. Missed Thanksgiving, but managed to get here on Christmas Eve. Plan on heading back home as soon as snow stops coming down between here and there.
    Have followed your latest adventures via updates from your mom. Will finish reading your blogs to date and check out your pics.
    Uncle Pete

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *