BootsnAll Travel Network



A starbucks on every corner?

Yes, it surprised me too, but there is still a starbucks on every corner in Bangkok.  After a 13 hour flight plus six more from Tokyo and close to 10000  miles later, I’ve finally arrived in destination Bangkok.  Seems like a ways…but I feel better knowing I’m still just a skype, email, or phonecall from home…remember that.  Bangkok is just another dirty city.  All you city girls- you’re not missing much.  It’s New York City’s oriental twin, with the exception of Thai signs rather then English ones.  I’ve met up with a few girls from the program, one of whom is my roommate.  We attempted the train today and ventured to the markets.  The train is easy…much like the subway or metro and most of the signs have pictures.  The markets are cheap so anyone wanting presents…make a list.  By 3 pm ,we finally got food.  No, not at a street vendor…not sure if my stomach is ready for that yet.  In a few minutes we’re headed to the night bizarre across the street.  Supposedly it’s a great place at night–food, drinks, karaoke.  I could really use a cold beer…considering the 90 degree weather, plus humidity.

Overall, I am doing fine.  Very culture shocked and over stimulated…kind of like a baby seeing color for the first time.  Homesick and desperately missing everyone.  Thank you for the support and kind words of encouragement…they truely get me by. much kwahm ruk (love)

k

 ps look under : “blog roll ” to the right to see recent photos via facebook



Tags:

2 responses to “A starbucks on every corner?”

  1. Ian says:

    Welcome to the BootsnAll blogs and good luck … five months in Thailand sounds amazing.

  2. Jessica says:

    We miss you!Sounds fun so far. Take lots of pictures. And dont buy too much stuff or you’ll be lugging home three suitcases!

    ps its hard not having you in the country–everytime i see or think of something funny or annoying, i have no one to text it to!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *