BootsnAll Travel Network



At the airport

do I have all the right things?  did I pack too much?  and why exactly don’t I have a super light-weight duffel bag with wheels?

half of my suitcase is dedicated to my travel pharmacy and gear for the mountain climb – the other half (minus space for my regulator/dive computer) has my clothes.  so not a lot, really – but the suitcase still feels really heavy! they will love it when I step onto the boat transfer will all my stuff; hope we don’t sink in the middle of the jungle somewhere.  Worse case, I might start unloading ballast as I go.  Store a few things after the mountain climb instead of taking them with me, donate a T-shirt to the local needy, use up ALL my bugspray and  sunscreen really fast and then brave the elements.  any other great ideas from some of you?

last night I was feeling nervous about saying goodbye to my loved ones and heading out alone into the the unkonwn – sitting here in the lounge enjoying a last glass of champagne (I’m thinking Borneo will be a bit like re-hab with pretty much no alc far and wide, but plenty of action to prevent you noticing it’s missing), the nervousness has been replaced by excitement.  or exhaustion.   Just got back from a whirlwind 40 hour trip to Paris today, had 4 hours to get home, unpack/repack, finish things up for my absence and get back to the airport.  So it’s a well-earned last glass of champagne!  And in 30 minutes, I’ll be on the flight to Frankfurt, where I’ll transfer to my connecting flight.  And my connecting flight is already an adventure without even being out of Germany yet:  this marks my first journey on the A380!  Looking forward to see if it’s all it’s hyped up to be.

So, I’m on my way!  Next post likely to come from Singapore, hopefully from friends Ajay and Pooja’s  house, assuming they got my message with arrival time.  otherwise it’ll come from Singapore airport, wondering where to spend the night….



Tags: ,

One response to “At the airport”

  1. Heather says:

    Good luck and have fun, Jaimi! 🙂