BootsnAll Travel Network



Bangkok: The Royal Palace, and so on

Sawat dii!!!

A quick post here, to show some of the photos I’ve been able to upload from my old, crashed-upon camera. It’s a nice encapsulation of the first couple weeks of the trip. I really like a lot of these photos — you can see the whole set here. But here’s a quick teaser sampling, first from all around the Royal Palace in Bangkok…


Side note: When I was wandering around the Palace, a group of Thai schoolchildren came up and asked me if they could interview me, for a school project. I said, sure! They hand me a piece of paper with seven or eight questions written out. The first was: “What is your name and where do you come from?” The second question was: “What do you think about terrorism?” Whoa! Pretty heavy there, for question number two! The rest of the questions were along these lines… “What should we do to stop terrorism?” “Why is terrorism used for?” (that’s really what it said) “How has terrorism affected your life?” Etc. It was pretty intense, not the least because the four kids (they were probably around fourteen or fifteen years old) stood there and watched me write my answers down. Sounding out the English words as I wrote them. Hey, no pressure!

For what we should do to stop terrorism, I wrote this: “We should get rid of all the different countries in the world and make the Earth one big nation.” Ahh, yes. Easier dreamt than done.

Okay, back to the photos. This one is from a great, isolated waterfall we found on Koh Chang. It kept going up and up and up.




Elephants rule, yo.



All up in a mangrove lagoon.



Sunset on Koh Chang.



Remember, I talked about this one before? Well, that’s the tremendous butterfly-wing mosaic in the bottom right. Gotta love it.



And of course, there’s this…

}}{{



Tags: , , , , ,

One response to “Bangkok: The Royal Palace, and so on”

  1. Mom says:

    OK — so not only are you a wonderful, lyrical writer; NOW you’re a terrific photographer! Beautiful images occasionally are worth a 1,000 words. This is not to suggest that you EVER stop writing.

    Savor each moment and memory!

    Love

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *