BootsnAll Travel Network



Trains, Planes, and Automobiles… and More Planes

Sorry we haven’t blogged in a while, but the last week has been a total blur.  We went back to the US for a “long weekend” to be in our friends’ wedding.  It went something like this:

Trains – We took The Overland from Adelaide to Melbourne.  It’s an 11 hour train ride, and one of the “classic” routes in Australia.  The train was actually pretty comfortable and the views were pretty nice too.

Planes (part 1) – We flew from Melbourns to LAX to SFO.  There’s just no getting around it – the flight is LONG.  The weird thing is that you leave at 11 AM and arrive at 7AM the same day.  Begin jetlag.

Automobiles – After weeks of deep concentration led to us finally being comfortable driving on the left, we got our rental car in SF and were right back to being confused again.   Wipers?  Turn Signals? 

Wedding – Dinners, cocktails, rehearsals, haircuts, more dinners, more cocktails, fittings, ceremony, more cocktails.  It was a whirlwind weekend, but great to see so many of our friends all in one place!  We’ve got to do this more often.  My Baha Fresh craving was satisfied – mmmm.   

Planes (part 2) – Back on a flight to Melbourns and this time it was the new A380.  The plane is cool, but unfortunately nothing can make economy class comfortable for 15 hours.

More pictures will be on Smugmug soon, but here’s a few of the Lehigh bunch at the reception.  Looking at this it’s hard to imagine that just 3 weeks ago we were covered in red dust in the Outback! 

blog-wedding.JPG

Tags: ,



3 Responses to “Trains, Planes, and Automobiles… and More Planes”

  1. Chuck Says:

    Great picture! If that’s the one I took with your camera, I’m surprised I could focus enough to center you all in the frame! It was great to see you last weekend and I’m glad you all got back to Australia safely. Can’t wait for your next update!

  2. Posted from United States United States
  3. Jin Says:

    It really was a whirlwind visit… we didn’t even get to grab a drink while you were in town. Let me know where you end up in Thailand.

  4. one of the dads Says:

    Well, I gotta say, you two clean up real good after all that Outback dust.

  5. Posted from United States United States

Leave a Reply