BootsnAll Travel Network



Sunsets and Sogginess

 We left Turkey on a ferry and spent a day and night on Samos, our first stop in Greece.  From there we took more ferries to arrive on Santorini (Thira).  Our first two days on this beautiful, volcanic island were nearly perfect.  It’s a little too chilly to swim, but great for the long walk from Firostefani, where we are staying, along the caldera rim to Ia. We also had a nice stroll around the black sand beach at Kamari.  We enjoyed two of the famous sunsets here that were so great we thought our retinas would burn from staring at them so long.

Then everything changed.  We’ve had two days of pouring rain and realized that islands are not quite as much fun when you are cold and wet.  However, it has given us a chance to catch up on errands, including trying to get our PC fixed. We’re still having problems with it, so it may be a little longer in between blogs.  More to come, but here’s one from the sunny days.

blog-santorini.jpg

Tags: , ,



4 Responses to “Sunsets and Sogginess”

  1. Abe Says:

    sip some metaxa or raki to get you through those spggy days.

  2. Posted from United States United States
  3. one of the dads Says:

    I hung out there!
    Stayed in what was the town kiln for the bakery in ancient times. The owner (former Greek Merchant Marine) was just starting a hotel and tourist business.

    I fixed his mini minor car rentals and he put me up. Every night he’d stop by with alcohol.

    “Come, let us drink ouzo, philosophic the life and speak of the cleavers.”

    Good times.

  4. Posted from United States United States
  5. one of the dads Says:

    make that “clevers….”

  6. Posted from United States United States
  7. Jin Says:

    Lovely pix!

  8. Posted from United States United States

Leave a Reply