BootsnAll Travel Network



South of the Border

Continuing my posts to catch up about the places we visited last month, I have to mention Italy as well.  We took a weekend with my parents to visit Venice and Verona.

Venice was everything I expected and more.  For some reason we all thought it would be a lot smaller and smellier.  It’s actually pretty big (you can’t begin to see it all in one day) and the canals seemed relatively fresh and not stagnant at all.  I guess that is why I travel.  There are some things you just have to experience first hand.

From Venice we headed to Verona, which was another good surprise.  We picked it somewhat randomly because it seemed like the right distance from both Venice and Villach for a good overnight trip.  The guidebook mentioned a coliseum, but I had no idea that it would be so big and in such great shape.  Although it was built in the Roman era, they still hold concerts here.  I can’t wait to go back and attend one.

Here are a few views from Italy:

Tags: , , , ,



2 Responses to “South of the Border”

  1. Ricardo Says:

    Don’t know if Debby shared that my parents live just outside of Venice, in Treviso. When we first started re-dating we went to visit and Debby was fascinated with Venice. After a few visit she now finds it a lot less interesting :).

    Don’t remember if you’ve been to Treviso or not. It’s really nice, perhaps worth a detour next time you go to Verona. Stop by downtown and have a Tiramisu at the hotel were they “invented” it.

    Thanks for posting! We now live vicariously trough our friends.

  2. halftime Says:

    Hi! We haven’t been there yet, but I’d drive for Tiramisu. (We have been to Tarvisio which is a little confusing as they are not that far from each other.)

    Coming to visit your parents anytime soon?? Please make a detour to see us!

Leave a Reply