BootsnAll Travel Network



More from the harbour

The last week has been busy!  After some rain last Saturday, the weather has been sunny and warm, perfect for seeing Sydney and the surrounding area.   There’s too much to tell here, but we’ve been to the Maritime Museum, the Museum of Contemporary Art, the Sydney Olympic Park for a nice bike ride, the Blue Mountains, Bondi Beach, and Watson’s Bay.  We also stopped off at the fish market again yesterday for and excellent sushi lunch, plus picked up some huge prawns and mussels for dinner – mmmm!  Having an apartment with a kitchen has been great.  

Sydney is really comfortable.  Many of the shops are similar to those back home, and TV is a mix of US programs and similar Oz variations (the finals of Australian Idol are on Sunday!).  It’s easy to forget where you are, which is why it stands out when you find something that is different.  Here’s an example… 

Pop Quiz:  What is a capsicum?  Hints:  It comes in green or red.  It’s at the grocery store between the tomatoes and lettuce. 

Answer:  It’s a bell pepper!  And they’re very good too. 

We’re enjoying our last few days here for now and starting to plan for the next leg to Cairns. Here’s the from Bondi:

blog-bondi.JPG

Tags: , ,



3 Responses to “More from the harbour”

  1. one of the dads Says:

    Our calico cat has staked out your Jeep. no doubt on the watch for tasty pack rats. She knows the importance of ignition wiring.

    Eat lots of jumbo shrimp for me.

  2. Posted from United States United States
  3. Chuck Says:

    The beach looks great. How was the water? Pretty warm I’d guess.

  4. Posted from United States United States
  5. halftime Says:

    It was actually pretty cold! We just stuck our feet in, but didn’t swim. The surfers all had full wetsuits. The water at the great barrier reef was much warmer!

  6. Posted from Australia Australia

Leave a Reply