BootsnAll Travel Network



G’day Australia

Today is our last day in Australia and I’m going through a range of emotions.  On one hand I can’t wait to see our next destination, Thailand, and start the next phase of the trip.  On the other, Australia has been amazing and it’s sad to leave.  I feel like we’ve only gotten a taste of the place and can’t believe we’ve been here for 2 months!  We’re already planning what we’ll do when we come back someday. 

The last few days were spent running around Sydney picking up all the stuff we’ll need for Thailand and India – everything from novels to toothpaste.  The shopping has made me realize how comfortable it is here.  I expect that our next stops will be considerably more difficult, and I’m a little anxious about it.   

We took a few breaks to get our minds off all this though.  We attended a play at the Opera House called the “The Complete Works of Shakespeare (abridged)” which is all 37 of his plays in 97 minutes.  It was hysterical and the experience of being in that beautiful, iconic building definitely cheered me up! 

We also headed to the Star City Casino early yesterday morning as it was the only place in town where we could watch the Rose Bowl. Sorry to all the Nittany Lions in my family, but for the USC friends, Fight On!   

I’ve been trying to reflect on everything we’ve seen and done here, but there’s just too much and it’s too recent.  It might be nice to take some time out to process it all, but we’re on to the next adventure.  Next stop:  Bangkok.

Tags: , ,



One Response to “G’day Australia”

  1. Chuck Says:

    Wow, time for Thailand already! Hope you guys have as good a time as Beth and I did!

Leave a Reply