BootsnAll Travel Network



Downs and Ups

Looking back on our blogs and photo galleries, I think you could get the idea that our trip has been all sunny beaches and beautiful views.  After more than seven months on the road, I can assure that is not the case.  There is no where else that I would rather be or nothing else that I would rather be doing than traveling, so please don’t think I’m complaining here.  However, there are just some days that are better than others.

Sometimes just doing errands or things you take for granted at home can be the most frustrating.  The dryer at the laundromat doesn’t work and you have 8 kgs of wet laundry hanging in your hotel room.  You are hours overdue for lunch, it’s raining, and there isn’t a sandwich shop open for miles.  You need a haircut, don’t want to spend 50 Euros, and can’t communicate well enough to explain this to anyone who could possibly help.

Those are the days can get you down, but traveling turns you into an eternal optimist.  Things work out and you get through them.  In this case, we made it to Chamonix in the French Alps and found some comfort in a nice apartment with views of the mountains.

The weather cooperated, so we took the two cable cars to the top of the Aiguille du Midi station at 12,600 ft.  The views of Mont Blanc and the surrounding areas were fantastic.  We had a picnic lunch near the mid station and then walked along a mountain ridge to Montenvers where there was a cog train that brought us back to Chamonix.  A perfect day that made me forget they could be otherwise.

blog-blanc.JPG

blog-alps.JPG

Tags: , ,



Leave a Reply