BootsnAll Travel Network



Chiang Mai

This post will be a quick one. We’re in Chiang Mai now, but heading out tomorrow for a “jungle trek” for the next 4 days. We’ve been enjoying ourselves and indulging in everything this town has to offer. The markets are fun, the massages relaxing, the food yummy, the temples beautiful, and everything costs way less than we expected. Lunch for 2 (i.e. pad thai, fried rice, and 2 cokes) was $2.50. Our budget is saved.

We also took two new forms of transportation for the first time – a tuk tuk and a songtaew. While the former is pretty common in Asia, the latter was new to us. It’s basically a pickup truck with covered seats in the back that cruises around picking up passengers who are going in the same general direction. Got us there in one piece. So long for a few days. Hopefully we’ll be back with some interesting photos and stories.

blog-cm-temple.JPG

Tags: , ,



One Response to “Chiang Mai”

  1. Frances Says:

    Glad you had a wonderful time in Oz and are enjoying the sites in Thailand. It was lovely to see you both while you were in Sydney and hear about your adventures – very envious I am! I’ll forward the photos taken of us at Clovelly Beach via your email address. Despite the wind blowing a gale that day, the photos turned out quite well. Enjoy your trek through the Thai jungle! Cheers, Frances from Oz.

  2. Posted from Australia Australia

Leave a Reply