BootsnAll Travel Network



Baked

We’ve been making our way along the Dalmation coast and spent the last few days in Dubrovnik in the very south of Croatia.  As we drove along the rocky shore and spent a day at Lapad Bay, we’ve noticed something about Europeans on holiday.  I’ve come to believe that either there is a different sun here or they haven’t heard the news about skin cancer yet.  It’s incredible that any flat stretch of concrete next to the water will invariably have people sunbaking, er… sunbathing, and in as little swimwear as possible.  I have never seen so many seriously sunburned people since we got to Greece, Italy, and Croatia.

The coastline is lovely, so I understand their desire to be near it.  However, a little SPF 15, hat, and sunglasses would go a long way.  We escaped the beach for a while and visited the old city walls of Dubrovnik.  They are totally intact and provide fantastic views of the both the city and the sea.

View of the wall, from the wall:

blog-dubrovnik.JPG

The cruise ship was out of range of this cannon and sadly we weren’t able to defend the city from the onslaught of tourists: 

blog-cruiseship.JPG

Tags: , ,



2 Responses to “Baked”

  1. Jin Says:

    what do you think of the food in dubrovnik?

  2. Posted from United States United States
  3. halftime Says:

    We had an apartment, so we ate mostly our own cooking (so I guess I liked the food in Dubrovnik). When we did eat out, it’s mostly grilled fish, chicken, and meat. Pretty good, but nothing exotic or special.

  4. Posted from Croatia Croatia

Leave a Reply