BootsnAll Travel Network



A Day out in Lahaina with the kids

Even though Maui is paradise, our family sometimes needs a break from all the sun and sand (and occasional rain!). On our trip this summer, we found some fun things to do in downtown Lahaina:

Spend the afternoon at the movies – Lahaina has two great movie theaters offering current blockbusters, all on Front Street – Front Street Theater and Wharf Theater

Shave Ice on Front Street (don’t say shaved ice, or worse yet, snow cones. The term is shave ice!) Shave ice stand in Hawaii

Playing at Banyan Tree Park (channel your inner monkey)

Lunch at Bubba Gumps (there is more on the menu than shrimp, but why? My kids love the paddles used to call the server to your table)

Ice Cream at Lappert’s Hawaii (wonderful ice cream, including Kona Coffee, Macadamia Nut, Kauai Pie, all served with plenty of Aloha)

Nearby to Lahaina, we also like these child friendly activities:

Maui Ocean Center

‘Iao Valley State Park



Tags: , , , ,

3 responses to “A Day out in Lahaina with the kids”

  1. Grigo says:

    hi, looks like you have a great day out there. did you have any great food you want to recommend?

  2. admin says:

    thanks Grigo! We did have a great time – in Lahaina, we have had good luck taking the kids to Bubba Gumps and BJs Chicago Pizza – I know, both are chains, but they get how to serve a family. And for local food, we like Aloha Plate Lunch, close to the Old Lahaina Luau spot.

  3. Craig says:

    Bubba Gumps is awesome. Had so much fun at the restaurant in Chicago. Hopefully we can get a Bubba Gumps down-under sometime!!!nrnrI hope you enjoy the rest of your travels.

  4. don’t forget about the sugarcane train.

    I believe that Warren and Annabell’s offers a family show (magic show) which is very good.

    Also consider Atlantis Submarine and the Trilogy Lanai Trip.

    ALSO, snorkeling near blackrock (in front of the Sheraton Kaanapali) around sunset is a great time to catch sea turtles.

  5. admin says:

    thanks Craig and Eco – I appreciate your comments and suggestions. My kids love snorkeling at Black Rock and our best time to see turtles has been before 9am….there are a couple that hang out right around the first point.

    Thanks for visiting!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *