BootsnAll Travel Network



Bad News!!!

Sorry everybody I didn’t want to tell you this but…..I’m sick!! I’ve been sick even before I even arrived in Nicaragua. However im still having a great time and to be honest this is really the best place to sick. me and Nneka got back from the beach yesterday. We both rushed to get ready to go to her service club’s christmas dinner. Check us out

Her organization brought in toys 3 million toys for kids, can you believe that!! That had to rent an house to store them. They said it was waist deep in that house. The organization is Rotoact, they do projects throughout the year in Central America.

Well the Nneka’s host family gave me a home remedy for my cough. Rum with honey and lime…it really did stop my coughs for a while.

Well today Nneka had to work and do farm visits so I decided to go to Grenada. Nneka was really worried about me being alone so she called Marie, one of her friends I met my first day here. Maria is studying to be a Vet and she happens to be a Grenada native. I go on an 45 min minivan that’s used as a bus. I only paid 75 US cents or 16 Cordobas to make the trip to Grenada. Here is a pic of Marie

She had a hotel room ready for me so i just dropped off my bags and headed to the countryside. They have the largest lake in Central America here…it’s like a tropical unpolluted version of one of the great lakes!! This lake was really part of the Pacific until an earthquake jutted some land up. That’s why this lake actually has freshwater sharks in it and people still swim in that lake!! not ME!!

And they have mountains opposite of the lake.

Then I met her family. When her mom haerd me cough she immediately gave me a mentholated stream treatment and medicine. This was after dinner of course!!
Here is Marie’s family

So don’t worry about me being sick. I have medicine and great people around. You all should see this place. they have great nature trails completly undeveloped and Im loving it and the generous people.

chow…off to bed since nneka will be coming in the afternoon. I haven’t even begun to actually explore the city part of Grenada!!



Tags:

8 responses to “Bad News!!!”

  1. Cosmos George says:

    Do a carriqge tour of Granada. You will love it. Have your tour guide bargin for you.
    Besos

  2. betty says:

    CandisnrSorry you got sick, but I’m glad you are being treated and you are not missing toonrmuch of your vacation with down time. Yes, get plenty of rest and enjoy yourself.

  3. Holli says:

    Ahhh. I hope you are well soon. I’ll be thinking about you… Take care.

    Holli

  4. Katonya says:

    Merry Christmas!nrSee you in H-town

  5. AuNappturale says:

    Aww, so sorry you sick. As you stated, looks like you have some great people around you. Kudos to Sis for making sure you’re taken care of. Be safe and get well soon!

  6. linz says:

    happy holidays!!!!!!!! hope all is well!!! luv ya girl!

  7. assia says:

    Lo siento que está enferma pero es bueno que usted no está permitiendo la enfermedad para parar su diversión. ¡Y todos los jueguetes! Dios mio… ¡Esa organización (y su hermana también) es maravillosas!

  8. admin says:

    thnx assia …im really proud of sis. And this cold is more of an irritant

  9. Margaret says:

    Have fun Candis!!!!!
    Thinking of you,
    Margaret

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *