BootsnAll Travel Network



Friends Project goes to Nicaragua

El Sauce, NicaraguaTomorrow I leave snowy Rochester, N.Y. for Central America. I am going to write and photograph a story about SUNY Geneseo’s service -learning program in the small town. Students develop their own sustainable development projects and implement them alongside villagers and an alumnus. I will be helping to teach English, visiting remote health outposts with nurses, working with new travel guides, laying brick, carrying cement bags and mangling Spanish as I try to communicate well with a host family.I have also collected donations from an ever growing circle of friends, who know about the project now and want to help out. Stay posted! The adventure begins. 



Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

18 responses to “Friends Project goes to Nicaragua”

  1. Hey there would you mind stating which blog platform you’re working with? I’m looking to start my own blog in the near future but I’m having a tough time making a decision between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your design seems different then most blogs and I’m looking for something completely unique. P.S My apologies for getting off-topic but I had to ask!

  2. Hurrah, that’s what I was lioking for, what a stuff!
    present here at this webpage, thanks admin of this website.

  3. Major Nollet says:

    Having read this I believed it was really enlightening. I appreciate you taking the time and effort to put this information together. I once again find myself personally spending a lot of time both reading and commenting. But so what, it was still worthwhile!

  4. I am actualy grateful to the holder of this web page who has shwred
    this enormous paragraph at here.

  5. If you wish for to grow your knowledge simply keep visiting this website and be updated with the
    most recent gossip posted here.

  6. Thanks a lot for sharing this with all of us you really know what
    you’re speaking approximately! Bookmarked.
    Please also talk over with my website =). We could have a link alternate arrangement betweesn us

  7. Does your blog have a contact page?I’m having a tough time
    locdating it but, I’d like to shoot you an email. I’ve got
    some creative ideas for your blog you migt be interested in hearing.
    Either way, great site and I look forward to seeing it develop over time.

  8. Normally I do not read post on blogs,but I wish to say
    that this write-up very compelled me to try and do it!
    Your writing taste has been surprised me. Thanks, quite nicee post.

  9. An outstanding share! I have just forwarded this onto a colleague who was doing a little homework on this. And he actually bought me breakfast because I discovered it for him… lol. So allow me to reword this…. Thank YOU for the meal!! But yeah, thanx for spending time to talk about this matter here on your site.

  10. Hello! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could locate a captcha plugin for my comment form? I’m using the same blog platform as yours and I’m having problems finding one? Thanks a lot!

  11. Hey there! I could have sworn I’ve been to this site before but after checking through some of the post I realized it’s new to me. Anyhow, I’m definitely happy I found it and I’ll be bookmarking and checking back often!

  12. Seth Narain says:

    I’m not that much of a internet reader to be honest but your sites really nice, keep it up! I’ll go ahead and bookmark your website to come back later. Cheers

  13. “Great Blogpost! Sorry for my English.I have been reading out a few of your_ stories and i can claim nice stuff. I will surely bookmark your site.”

  14. Pinkie Simer

    I found a great…

  15. Barabara Whistler

    I found a great…

  16. Sydney Abalos

    I found a great…

  17. Grant Juncaj

    I found a great…

  18. Bessie Montrella

    I found a great…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *