BootsnAll Travel Network



New Zealand…..zorb zorb zorb

Sunday 16 July 2006

In Rotorua we went zorbing. This consists of jumping like superman (or superwoman in my case) into a very large plastic ball filled with, thankfully, warm water. Janine and another girl we met at our hostel called Susie jumped in the ball aswell. You then walk (or fall in our case – and everyones case) down a hill. Completely insane and very funny – I couldn’t stop laughing.

After the zorbing we went to the luge. You begin by getting on a gondola which gives you a 180 degree panoramic view of Rotorua. The gondola takes you to the luge which is a gravity ride on a 3 wheeled cart. Once you have sped down the track you then return to the top of Mount Ngongotaha via a double seated chairlift. As I was riding down the mountain we had thunder storms and it rained so hard. We must be mad.

On the way to Taupo from Rotorua we stopped off at Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland. I think I went a bit overboard with the pictures here as there are only so many thermal pools you can look at – they all tend to look the same – but I was amazed by the colours in the rocks and the massive craters.

Today we had planned to go sky diving but we got picked up and arrived at the centre and we were unable to jump because of the winds. Hopefully we will get a chance to do this soon though. It’s a waiting game!



Tags: , , ,

One response to “New Zealand…..zorb zorb zorb”

  1. gemma says:

    hey ho Fox!

    Sounds like you’ve been having a rocking time in NZ! We’ve been doing yoga, trekking and some conservation in Oz…a little bit more low key I guess!

    Keep up the adventures – yay! I’ll let you know when we get to NZ…though may be later than we planned as it’s so waaaarrrrm and nice in Oz…

    Take care! xxxxxxxx

  2. Jellytot says:

    ‘Ello George! Thanks for another update. Glad you’re having fun! I’m sure there are sexual connotations in rolling down hills in water-filled balls… ;o)

    ~ ‘Tot

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *