BootsnAll Travel Network



Working out?

If you’re in Buenos Aires and want to hit the gym, you’re not alone. The locals in Buenos Aires are more than a little aware of their personal appearances and the appearances of others. Statistics have suggested that Buenos Aires has one of the largest rates of Bulimia and plastic surgery in the world. Now, we’re not making any infrences toward that end but looking good in Buenos Aires is certainly a top priority.

If you want to hit the gym there is sure to be one in your neighborhood. Megatlon is one of the large popular chains but there are more than a few ‘average joe’ gyms scattered well throughout most neighborhoods. The average cost will be about $AR 60 – 100 pesos to attend and you can easily purchase day, weekly and month long memberships. Most gyms offer a Tues-Thurs or Mon-Wed-Fri option if you want to cut costs on a membership. Needless to say however, you shouldn’t have any problems finding a place to hit the weights.

Like anything truly Argentine, the gyms are closed on Sundays and Holidays – b/c they know (and I think you do too) that no one wants to sweat it out on a lazy-Sunday.



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *