BootsnAll Travel Network



To teach or not to teach?

Teaching English is a classic expatriate way to make money while living abroad. There are countless companies and ways in which you can make a living teaching your stronger language while living in another country. But how good of a job is it really? A lot of depends on the country you live in. For example, earning money living in Asia teaching English has afforded hundreds of English speakers a hefty savings and money to spare, while in South America the story is more of that of overworked and underpaid.

I came accross this article when looking for hostels about the realities of teaching English while living abroad. Check it out and make your own call. But its nice to hear an opinion from someone who has been there.



Tags:

2 responses to “To teach or not to teach?”

  1. Rebecca says:

    Thanks for the article. I’ll check it out. I always wondered if teaching English is worth it. I’m sure the experience will outweigh the pay…maybe.

  2. compasskim says:

    It most certainly will. I guess thats what travel is all about really. The summation of our experiences. I mean how many of us are out there traveling and making money on the process. Its definitely about something more. You’ll have a great time. A ton of people I know have found a lot of great other opportunities through the relationships they made via teaching English. Buen Viaje y muchas suerte!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *