BootsnAll Travel Network



Tango Tango Tango

Buenos Aires is perhaps one of the best places in the world to take in some Tango. Whether you want to see a show, take classes or see some street tango, the dance is can be found almost literally around every street corner.

Street Tango

Seeing Tango on the streets is slightly more refined than all the soccer you’re bound to run into in Buenos Aires, but just as prevelant. On Florida street there are Tango dancers almost every few blocks and in the San Telmo fair on Sundays you will also see some impressive dancers.

Take a Class

If you want to take a Tango class you’ve come to the right place Many language schools offer excursions to learn tango and there are probably just as many tango schools and venues as there are tango shows. Many shows have a ‘learn tango’ option if you want to learn some moves from the pros and if you’re savvy enough, you’ll find an underground tango sho.

Watch a Show

You almost have to watch a Tango show if you’re in Buenos Aires. Most shows include dinner and drinks and its a fabulous way to spend the night out. There is the famous Carlos Gardel tango show which houses close to 100 people and offers an amazing dinner. Some of the smaller shows might only seat 20 and is a great idea if you’re looking for a more intimate feel. Faena Hotel is the ritziest tango show in the city and tickets purchased will earn you a private car pick-up, dinner at one of the most exclusive hotels, the tango show itself and an empty wallet. But of course, it’s more than worth the pesos you’ll speand to take part in an iconic Buenos Aires past time.



Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *