BootsnAll Travel Network



Lost and found

It’s been a while, but it’s been good! 2004 was the best year ever and my New Years resolution is to have a better year this year than last! I must say 2005 is gonna be tuff to beat!

After a year on the road, I’ve lost some things and found some. I didn’t come out here (my trip) looking for love or any answers to life, but it turns out that I’ve found a bit of both. The things I’ve lost were great, but I wouldn’t trade one of the things I’ve found for all of the lost!

Here they are…

Things I’ve lost –

MY pickup truck, my job, my home, a few thousand dollars, a stable, safe, easy, predictable life, about seven inches of hair (thanks to a Tibetan laddie I stayed with in Dharamsala), the fear of REALLY living, a few pounds (didn’t know I had any weight to loose), health, a few more brain cells, a semi-normal life and um, well, can’t think of anything else off the top of my head!

Things I’ve found –

Total freedom, complete happiness, adventure, confidence, self reliance, faith in humanity, the beauty of the world, liberation, and my soul mate (a soul you were ment to find, no matter what. Man or Woman.)!

The last one is the best and least expected! I met her (Sarah) in Pushkar for the camel fair, but we didn’t realize we were soul mates till the “Pushkar family” had a re-union in Goa for New Years! We’ve been travelling India together for a while now and now I’m really wondering if life can get any better? I plan on finding out, that’s gonna be fun! No matter what happens between us, it was ment to be.

Anyway, this New Year was lots of fun! We were partying in Goa (vagator) till way after the sun came up! Vagator sucked, but our “family” made it great! After that we headed to a nice and quiet beach, but still lots of fun, in Arambal (also Goa). We stayed there for about a week and decided that if we didn’t start moving soon, we might never, so we headed inland to Hampi.

Hampi is an ancient (ruined) city, with temples and caves scattered everywhere! The landscape looks just like the Flintstones, but with banana plantations and rivers for contrast. Huge boulders stacked impossibly on top of each other, as far as the eye can see! Everyone wonders how the rocks ended up like that and the Hindu’s have the answer. They say Hanuman (the monkey god), as a show of strength, went off and started dropping gigantic rocks from the sky (he can fly) till he felt better about himself and that’s how Bedrock came to be. Bet you didn’t know that! 😉 Every now and then you’ll seen rice patty’s or banana plantations with a big old temple shooting straight up, kinda like the jungle book teaming up with the Flintstones! Killer! Hampi was great! We killed about a week there as well and got the same quicksand feeling, so we knew we had to start moving again, or else!

We’ve been taking local buses everywhere to save $ and we’re finally in a proper city, Bangalore. We’re trying to meet the last remains of the ” Pushkar family” here for an out of control pub crawl. Bangalore is an expensive city, but they actually have a bit of a pub culture here, unlike anywhere else in India. It’s gonna be fun, hope I can remember it, if so I’ll let you all know how it went.

Enjoy 2005! Make it a ridiculously good year! I honestly can’t say when I’ll be home, but I’ll be enjoying myself…



Tags:

Leave a Reply