BootsnAll Travel Network



I’ve found God…

I’m in Kathmandu again, trying to fatten up before I head over to Pakistan, Iran and then Turkey.

The trek was absolutly amazing! Sara (my sister), James, Tom (both from England) and I had the best time ever! We turned a 10-12 day trek into a 7 day trek, simply because we are ALL ninja’s!

The views were stuning and we all felt closer to god the higher we climbed. As it turns out God lives at MBC (Machhapuchhre Base Camp) about an hour and a half from ABC (Annapurna Base Camp)! His name is Ram and he owns a guest house there, the cosy lodge.

On the third day of the trek we got stuck in a cloud (they come in fast) and couldn’t see the path (we were walking on a glacier). By the time we got to MBC we were all cold, tired and hungry, so we stayed at Ram’s place (it was the first G.H. we saw). As soon as we sat down we all felt at home, which is rare out there. After we ordered a couple of meals each we directed our attention to Ram, who was sitting at the far side of the loooong table. I made a coment on how good his food was and how cosy his G.H. really was, but he seemed way to composed. I knew he was hiding something and I was right.

He told us some stories about how fast he used to get to Pokhara from his guest house. It takes three days for mere mortals, but 8 hours for him. That made perfect sense too and was my first clue. Then, that night, the craziest, coolest, most intense lightning storm I’ve ever watched came into the narrow valley directly below us. We all watched in awe as clouds (lit up by the moon and the lightning) flew between the narrow mountain passage below and came right at us. Amazingly enough, we could still watch the light show (through the clouds) and it (the lightning) seemed to start from one tip of a mountain and end across the valley at another peak, not far from us either. Second clue, yeah, he made that happen (this too)!

It was then that I had my first good idea of 2005. I pulled out my sisters mag-light and went to war with Tom and James with my new cloud powered light saber! That was excellent! All the while Ram was witnessing my awsome skills and I think he approved..

Anyway, the next morning Ram ended up going down to the next village for some sort of religious festival and came back that night. He mentioned the sacrificing of a goat, so I didn’t think it was a Buddhist ceremony (not supposed to harm any living thing), even though most of the mountain people are Buddhist (the high majority of Nepal is Hindu though). I asked him if it was a Buddhist or Hindu festival, since I was highly suspicious of him at that point. He told me it was a little of both and so was he. Gotch yuh! That was a huge mistake on his part, but it made perfect sense to me. At that point, we were all convinced that he was indeed a god and I immediately thought that he may very well be one of the 900,000 Hindu gods. The fact that he chose to live in the Himalaya’s also made perfect sense to all of us as well. On top of all that, only one woman is allowed to live above the temple in the village below and you guessed it, she was Rams lovely wife Bindu.

I can go on and on about the unbelievable things that Ram has done and the three of us had witnessed, but frankly I don’t think I would have the energy to type it all and still you all would have to find God for yourselves. At least you all know where to go if you ever want to meet god. He lives in Nepal, in the Himalaya’s, his name is Ram and he owns a Guest House by the name of Cosy Lodge. Go there, find him and be at peace…



Tags:

Leave a Reply