BootsnAll Travel Network



I’m off

19 August, 2004

OK, I’m off to do some trekking tomorrow!

It’ll be a combo of the Langtang and Helumbru (spl?) treks. I have a map and it looks like they can be combined, I’ve heard from some guides that there are Tea houses ( to eat and sleep at ) the whole way ( a few hours apart ), so it should be cool and it should only be about 10 to 15 days.

There is a Full Moon / Shaman Festival at Gosain Kund ( holy lake ), so that should be different!

This is a trial run for Everest. I’ll get in better shape (although I’ve been sick for almost a month) and find out what else I need to bring, if anything. Everyone tells me not to tell anyone on the trail that I’m American, because there are a bunch of Maoists on ALL the trails in Nepal, and they’ll make me pay double the fee, or price, (Maoists demand “donations”) or whatever it’s called. So, I’m officially from Dengue for the next few weeks! I’m gonna have a patch of the Dengue flag made up today ( I haven’t decided what it should look like yet) and sew it onto my trekking backpack, right next to the Lebanese flag!

I already came up with the Capitol of Dengue, “Bristol” (my old home town) and we declared Independence from South Africa (how old is South Africa?) in 1869 (my street address in Miami), and in case you were wondering, it’s located inside of South Africa, between Swaziland and Lesotho (spl?), but those are real countries unlike Dengue! I’m thinking of making the Prime Minister Cherise Litz, (my sister) different last name, but I won’t ever forget it. This is fun! I’ve already tried most of this stuff out and it’s actually worked.

Needless to say I won’t have internet accsess for the next two weeks, so don’t worry about me, if I fall and smash my skull on a blunt rock I’m dead anyway! Does that comfort you? When I get back, it’s off to Everest, my main mission for this trip! I can’t summit it, because to trek past base camp you have to pay $30,000!!!! So, EBC (Everest Base Camp) is my goal. OK, I’ll fill you all in when I return.



Tags:

Leave a Reply