BootsnAll Travel Network



I’m in!

OK,
I made it through Laos and I’m in South Central China. I’m in Jinhong right now, a few hours by bus from the boarder. Laos was absolutely beautiful though, and I had a great time there!

I stayed in Luang Namtha (Northern Laos) for a while. Besides the three friends I’m travelling with, I met a few more cool people there. We decided to take a bus (without a guide or tour company) and stay with some Hill tribe people.

We bought all the supplies needed to be self sufficient in case of the worst cast scenario. When we got out of our chartered mini bus the whole village ran up to us and brought us to a long house. They rolled out sleeping mats for everyone and we agreed on the price (to sleep there), 10,000 Kip each, just under a dollar!

To make a long story lot so long, we were all set up and even swam in their river, when the Tourist police showed up. They said we couldn’t be there with out a guide and escorted us back to their office where they questioned us all separately(like we were drug smugglers), and finally fined us 15,000 kip each!

They were so rude and intimidating that they had two girls in tears! They pissed us all off enough that I ended up throwing an extra 5,000 kip in each of their faces and told them to have a nice day, with a perfect smile!

Anyway, I saw a basketball court down the road, so I’ll have to show them (there are no tourists here) what’s up. I really love China so far (more than expected) and the south is totally different than Bejing, like another country. I’ll try to keep everyone up to date on my travels…



Tags: , , , , , ,

Leave a Reply