BootsnAll Travel Network



Jhaol

We went to the Mayupata for dinner both nights in Ollantaytambo. This place is right next to the river with lots of flowers and a cat. Most places close around 8.30 – 9pm in Ollantaytambo so bear this in mind when thinking about feeding times here!

The highlight of our visit to Mayupata was meeting Jhaol (Harold).

Jhaol came to sit with us when we finished our meal on our first visit. He is the sweetest little boy and his Ma works in the kitchen. He must be about 8 years old. He told us at 9pm that he normally goes to bed at 8pm! He wrote his name in our Rough Guide and we wrote ours, and we all nodded at each other. Anyway, we had a daft chat and he brought our bill out so we gave him a little tip which he slipped into his pyjama pocket. Buenos nochas Jhaol!

The next night we had a game of “peepo” as he kept hiding behind the pizza oven counter. After our meal he came to sit with us again. Such a cute face and good manners! We sneaked him a couple of sweets and another Peruvian Sole. which again slipped into his pocket as we all put our fingers to our lips with a “shussssh!”. He held Eugene’s hand all the way to the restaurant exit which was so lovely it still makes me want to cry now! Beunos nochas Jhaol!

The food was quite good there but it really was lovely to meet such a well-mannered, sweet little boy! Bless him!



Tags:

Comments are closed.