BootsnAll Travel Network



The Snow Makes It

Mia and I took a quick visit to Yosemite this past weekend, not knowing what to expect for trail conditions or weather, especially since it rained cats and dogs most of the way there. We woke up Saturday morning to the most blue sky I’ve seen in weeks (the Bay Area just completed its wettest March ever) and enjoyed a short but stunningly scenic day in the park, stopping for all the obligatory photo ops and taking a hike that got progressively more and more snowy until we decided we’d better turn around. In my view, everything looks better with snow on it, and after we’d been in the park about 10 minutes and I’d exclaimed about the snow about 10 times, I promised I’d keep it to myself. Inside, I continued to rave about how lucky we were to see the park in the snow. I wish we could’ve stayed longer, and that the road to Glacier Point had been open, but so happy to finally have some adult memories of the park, and to have Mia to share them with. Pictures soonish, but work and other social obligations (lunches with old co-workers, happy hour with former book club members, a long night out for the NCAA finals, a final haircut from the best stylist in the world, birthday party for an old friend) are definitely taking priority this week.



Tags:

One response to “The Snow Makes It”

  1. rebecca says:

    looked like snow & more snow from Mia’s photos. can’t wait to see yours though. and your hair is so long…. looking forward to following the rest of your adventures.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *