BootsnAll Travel Network



The homestretch!

Strangely enough, China seems to be the only place along my journey to offer free wifi in the airport! The bulk of my flight(s) is done, I’m here in Hong Kong waiting for the final 3 hour leg to Phuket.

I boarded the plane in San Francisco at 1:30am on Friday and landed 14 hours later at 6am on Saturday – I’m still trying to wrap my head around that, but the flight overall wasn’t bad. It was a huge, comfortable double-decker plane – they served us dinner, I promptly went to sleep and that’s really all that I did until breakfast time. The jetlag shouldn’t be bad at all…

It’s really foggy and drizzly out, but I was able to catch a small glimpse of fishing boats and mountains as we flew in earlier – it appears to be a beautiful place.

I’m already starting to get used to being the only blonde for miles around and hearing more or less no english. Of course, this being an airport, everything is subtitled and I really don’t feel too out-of-my-element yet. I’m sure it’ll hit, and soon…



Tags:

One Response to “The homestretch!”

  1. Mom Says:

    Hey Peeps –

    Can hardly wait to hear from you and see how you are settling in. I wonder if it’s everything you’ve imagined. I still can’t believe you are in Thailand getting reeady to embark on this amazing adventure; talk to you soon, Love you!

Leave a Reply