BootsnAll Travel Network



Not in Kansas anymore!

I have officially arrived in Thailand. I knew that Phuket was touristy, but had absolutely no idea how much so until I arrived in the Bangsue neighborhood of Bangkok on Saturday morning, my ‘home’ for the next four months.

Myself and three friends are the only non-Thais for miles around and there is not a word of English spoken or written anywhere.  I’m getting used to being stared at every time that I leave my room, and am slowly figuring out methods of ordering food. Until now, there was no incentive to learn any Thai aside from ‘hello’ and ‘thank you,’ but the need for a crash course has officially arrived!

There will be a huge blog entry here very, very soon, but right now I’m far too occupied with lesson planning for day two of teaching. Day one went smoothly enough and the next few days will help me to form a more solid opinion of what I think of it all. Check back in a day or two, as I am going to have a lot to say about this new world that I’ve landed in!



Tags:

3 Responses to “Not in Kansas anymore!”

  1. Mom Says:

    Hey A. –

    Bangkok sounds a little rough compared to what you have been used to, however, I know that you will flourish there and embrace the culture. I’m looking very forward to your next entry. I’m dying to know how the teaching is going. Know that I love you and think of you always!

    Mom

  2. Charles Says:

    This is where the real travel begins…

  3. Posted from United States United States
  4. Heath Zitzloff Says:

    Hey, was just looking over the web for a little information and stumbled across your website. I’m quite astounded by the information which you have published on this web site. It displays precisely how effectively you fully grasp this issue. Book-marked this webpage, and definately will come back for lots more. You Rock!!

Leave a Reply