BootsnAll Travel Network



Counting down the hours…

dscn9957.JPG

I’m here at my parents’ house in Denton, trying to figure out exactly what is coming with me in that very-small backpack that’s sitting in the corner. I had a wonderful last few days in Austin (hence the reason that this blog did not get put together), followed by a classic Macsas bbq here in Denton, complete with tons of family and friends – I’ve got some great people in my life.

Gabe left early this morning, heading back to work in Austin – it was a tough goodbye, but luckily time will fly and soon we’ll be together in Thailand having the time of our lives! For now it’s just me and my sister’s dog Bunnycorn (yes, really) hanging out at the house, wondering where to start with this packing thing…



Tags:

7 Responses to “Counting down the hours…”

  1. Gabe Says:

    My first dinner without you consisted of some croutons (need salad), a couple spoonfuls of your salsa (need chips), and a generous serving of your grandma’s strawberry cake! I need to hit the grocery store bad! I miss you already and I will see you in Bangkok in a couple months!

  2. Dad Says:

    Even a technology challenged old dad can find, save and leave messages on this blog. Thanks for setting this up but I have to ask; why Thailand? Why not… Nebraska? I would sleep much better at night!

  3. Posted from United States United States
  4. Cassie Says:

    Allison…Good luck. We are so going to miss you at the ABJ but will be following your travels. Have fun!

  5. Posted from United States United States
  6. Mom Says:

    Hey Peeps!
    I’m usually tucked safe and sound in bed by now but am having too much fun watching you try to fit a roomfull of stuff into a single backpack.
    Tomorrow you take off on your next big adventure and I could not be more proud and excited for you! I’ve come a long way (thanks to you) since those days of trying to convince you that you really just needed to run cross country at UNT (and failing miserably in my attempt)and then dropping you off at the University of Tampa….it took all I had to let you go but now I know that was the greatest thing for you! Thanks for making me see that! Now I know the confident and capable young woman that you are and I am no longer worried; just very excited for you. I cannot wait until you land and I can talk to you and see you on SKYPE!!! Thanks for keeping me technologically up-to-date… I definitely need that!
    Also, I’m sorry I never taught you how to sew a button on to a pair of pants until tonight. While I’m at it I might as well apologize to Kate for the time I took the ironing board out and began to iron and she thought I was sewing.
    Love you!

  7. Gabe Says:

    Well I guess it is official now!! You are off to Thailand! I am soooo excited for you… its going to be a blast. Good luck with your first day of class on Monday 🙂 I think we are all anxiously awaiting the first of many Thailand stories on your blog….. no pressure ;-)!!

  8. John Stark Says:

    Well, here you go again! Out and about in other places. I can’t wait to read your next entry. My mother taught me to iron and sew buttons on. Don’t do buttons now but I ironed this afternoon! Take care and we’ll all be in touch. John

  9. kameralı sohbet Says:

    Hey very cool website!! Man .. Excellent .. Amazing .. I’ll bookmark your website and take the feeds also…I am happy to find a lot of useful information here in the post, we need work out more techniques in this regard, thanks for sharing. . .

Leave a Reply