BootsnAll Travel Network



A day to love!

Valentine’s Day began with a clear, chilly morning, high up in the Cameron Highlands, at a guesthouse located on top of an immaculately landscaped and flower-adorned hill. After a long solitary run on quiet, winding mountain roads, we headed down the hill for a breakfast of spicy, piping hot masala tosai along with fresh coffee and tea.

After a relaxing morning spent writing in the Tanah Rata gardens, we decided it was time for a little activity. We had a snack of fresh potato samosas and rich cups of cendol, then headed to “Trail 4,” one of the many wooded trails that weave through the hills in the area. It was sunny but nice and cool, with no humidity, and we had a great little hike through beautiful cloud forest to the next town of Brinchang, passing a waterfall on the way.

Once in Brinchang it was a short walk up a shady hill to a strawberry farm, where we took a look around the greenhouses  full of all sorts of neat plants amidst the juicy red fruits. It didn’t take long to find our way to the “snack bar,” where we enjoyed a big basket of sweet strawberries absolutely smothered with mounds of fresh whipped cream and a bit of sugar.

After we’d savoured enough to warrant hiking back to Tanah Rata, we did so. Upon arrival we went back to our Indian spot for a dinner of tandoori chicken, hot naan bread with mint chutney and a refreshing plate of raita, a yogurt and vegetable dish.

Later in the evening we relaxed in the gorgeous guesthouse gardens with our bottle of whiskey and enjoyed the cool weather and wonderful conversation before retiring for the evening.

Best part? It didn’t even dawn on us that it was Valentine’s day, it was simply another day in Asia!



Tags: , , , , ,

2 Responses to “A day to love!”

  1. A day to love! | Giving Up the Real World for the Real World Says:

    […] Original post by allisonrae […]

  2. Mom Says:

    Sounds like a perfect day!

Leave a Reply