BootsnAll Travel Network



A different sort of Asia…

dscn3909_resize.JPG

Wow. Kuala Lumpur is the cleanest, greenest, most well-planned city that either of us have ever been to. The public transport includes buses, light rail, monorail and usable sidewalks (a first for this trip!) and all are flawless, cheap, easy. There is so much green space, from forest reserves to orchid gardens to recreational parks to the incredible KLCC Park which boasts gorgeous tropical landscaping, the best playground ever, a swimming pool, fancy water fountains and an impressive walking paths that include 1200m of rubber track surfacing for the runners – heaven!

Everything is free here. Museums, parks, flower gardens, forest reserves, visiting the Skybridge of the Petronas Towers (formerly the tallest building on earth, now at #2 after Taipei 101) …it’s just an unbelievably pleasant place to be. You still have the all-important masses of food stalls, street markets, and exotic mix of Indians, Malays, Chinese, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists and all of their respective dress and places of worship, but overall it doesn’t feel a thing like the developing Asia that we’ve experienced thus far. There is certainly more money, more education and much more diversity – this place is far more progressive and so much more futuristic than anywhere we’ve been in the US. Enjoy the photos!



Tags: ,

6 Responses to “A different sort of Asia…”

  1. Juli Says:

    It’s so super cold here…can’t you give us some more beach pictures to live through vicariously?

  2. Posted from United States United States
  3. King Cash Says:

    granda prever de resamo y perio con riassam picecas. caderna a roria y ferva candulg con inhaba condo!

  4. Posted from China China
  5. James Says:

    Oh, a great written report! No idea how you managed to write this post..it’d take me long hours. Well worth it though, I’d assume. Have you considered selling advertising space on your website?

  6. Posted from Hong Kong Hong Kong
  7. Mary Says:

    Oh, a great text! I have no clue how you managed to write this article..it’d take me weeks. Well worth it though, I’d assume. Have you considered selling ads on your blog?

  8. Posted from United States United States
  9. pc services support Says:

    Using our example, 2220 – 500 1720, if you ate 1,720 calories a day you would lose about 1 pound a week

  10. yohimbine Says:

    I blog often and I seriously appreciate your content. The article has truly peaked my interest. I am going to bookmark your website and keep checking for new information about once per week. I subscribed to your RSS feed too.

Leave a Reply