BootsnAll Travel Network



Shoreline Sunset

Although I am not one to enjoy going to the beach in the sense of laying in the sand or swimming, I do love a rocky seascape.

One evening Linton and Lisa took us to a wonderful cove near where Linton used to live. The shoreline here in South Africa belongs to everyone so even though there are waterfront properties, everyone may walk along the shore.

There were magnificent rockeries which I only partially explored but would love to do again. Linton set a bottle of white wine in the ocean to chill for me and red wine for Lisa, Linton and Lenore, and we sat back to take in the natural beauty of this place.

Everywhere there were couples and families just chilling out and enjoying the sunset. There is definitely a much more outdoor lifestyle here but then the climate has so much to do with that.

It was a magical evening that was wasted by being there alone. Evenings like that should be shared with the ones we love and mine were miles away from me.

A spectacular sunset and good bottle of wine behind us, we arose to make our way back to the Jeep. As we turned we were met by the most spectacular moon rising only feet away from us it seemed. In Canada, at least where we live, our moon does not rise and fall as it does here; it simply appears then disappears. Here it is a surreal feeling to actually feel the trajectory of the moon as night falls.

Another magical night.



Tags:

Leave a Reply