BootsnAll Travel Network



Cape Town Party!

After a couple of quiet days at Gecko Creek, I was off to Cape Town today (Saturday) for Rhino and Katja’s housewarming party.

It was a beautiful morning. The sun was shining and the sky was blue. Although I had planned to set out early to get to Cape Town and do some shopping, it was easy to linger on the porch with Ingrid enjoying our morning coffee. I have decided that Linton and Lisa’s front porch is perhaps the most restful place on earth. For those of you who have seen my picture book from my first trip, the picture on the front cover is the view I look at every morning over my morning coffee. Although I have a special place on the mountain where I love to sit and reflect there is a wonderful tranqility about sitting on L and L’s front porch.

Finally getting up enough ambition to move, I headed out down the N7. It was a beautiful morning and it was a very pleasant drive, stopping along the way at farm stalls and enjoying the beautiful scenery. Somehow I managed to stretch what is normally a two and a half hour drive into about four hours but enjoyed every minute of it.

Arriving in Cape Town I made my way to what Linton had told me was once the largest shopping mall in the southern hemisphere (maybe still is — not sure). It is massive. Two floors, a maze of a floor plan and a shoppers delight. I had left myself shorter for time than I had planned but had one specific errand I really wanted to do. Managed to find the bookstore in the massive mall … and find my way back to the car … and then to Rhino and Katja’s place.

As I arrived at the gated community I announced to the guard the address that I was visiting. I was trying to get directions through the complex from him but was having difficult understanding him. He kept motioning off to the side. Finally I figured out that he wanted me to look where he was pointing and there was Rhino on his bicycle at the gate to meet me. I followed him along to their unit where Katja met me at the door.

It was a lovely get together. About twenty people, all good fun, Rhino’s amazing Chili, good wine, lovely apartment, a beautiful and charming hostess, and, of course … good company.



Tags:

Leave a Reply