BootsnAll Travel Network



Year end relaxation at the beach

It’s been a pretty tough year (sigh!), so we chose to send out 2006 decompressing on the beach. Ain Sokhna is just one and a half hours from Cairo – the perfect getaway when you know someone who owns a condo on the beach and will drive you there.

Palm Beach condos
The Palm Beach resort is just one and a half hours from Cairo. The absence of car horns is immediately apparent upon arrival.

Palm Beach oasis
The large lagoon/swimming pool which sits in front of most of the condos at Palm Beach.
Seashells
It was a little too chilly for me to go into the water, so I spent my time collecting seashells for our vacation home in Florida.

D Relaxing
D spent his time at the beach doing a fantastic imitation of my father.

Cowboy
When we got tired of sitting on the beach, we “rode” a horse. Rather, we each sat on the horse while the horse looked around and took three steps back to his stable.

Seafood soup
Yum. The feasts we ate two nights in a row included more fresh seafood than I ate during my entire three years in Japan.

Civilization
Thank goodness, civilization is never too far away. Sigh.

Tags: , ,



One Response to “Year end relaxation at the beach”

  1. Brother Says:

    That reminds me, how do you say “finger lickin’ good” in Arabic?

  2. Posted from United States United States

Leave a Reply